Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mady's Lake Side Wedding


Mandy Lewis decided on a small intimate evening wedding by Lake Eola, so she wanted to have a subtle glisten to her face. I used Mac cosmetics for a heavy concealer (believe it or not poor thing got a fever blister for her wedding). With a little special effort I was able to cover it along with the breakout..."oh the stresses of a weddings...aren't they fun?!" I used the cream foundation, auburn eye pencil, black powder eye liner (great for smear resistance), to pop her pretty greens and chose mauve for her lip, which is a great color for green eyes. Since her bridesmaids were dressed in purple we lined and highlighted with a light purple eye, which oddly enough, is also a GREAT color for green eyed beauties along with: Taupe, Beige Peach, Apricot, Coral Tan, Moca....

To give her a soft glow I used Mac's bronzer around the edges of her face and a small amount on her chin and cheek. I then used "gunpowder," by Urban Decay (I just love their fun names), which has a slight bits of silver glitter within the whitish eyeshadow. "Okay, generally I would NOT recommend using glitter on your wedding, but Mandy requested it; and after using it (sparingly) I found that JUST A LITTLE can look pretty. I then accented her beautiful eyes with giant lashes. Now ladies, I've tried MANY!!!! NO MANY!!! mascaras and the best one I've ever found was Great Lashes by Mabelline....seriously QUIT GETTING WON OVER BY MARKETING SCHEMES! JUST BECAUSE THE APPLICATOR OR THE COLOR OF TH E TUBE LOOKS "CUTE" THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL WORK GREAT! IN FACT, IT USUALLY MEANS IT WORKS THE LEAST! After applying her lip I frosted it lightly with Revlon's sugar lips. You can find great products at drug stores every now and then....don't count them out! From the looks of this picture the product must taste like sugar too:)

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

I love lake side weddings but my wedding was arranged at one of top LA venues which offered great services and view from venue was beautiful too. It was an enjoyable day as all my dear and near ones were gathered there and made my day.